Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Comfort pudding.

When I feel depressed I like surfing for recipes (actually I like looking at the pictures more, heh). And when I'm really feeling shite, baking makes me feel alot better. What they say about baking/cooking being therapeutic is well, very true.

I found a simple gingery bread and butter pudding on a website (almost similiar to the recipe in Nigella Lawson's site). I've always loved the zingy-earthy aroma of ginger and the creaminess of bread and butter pudding. The pudding sounded like a wonderful combination of both. Better yet, it was easy to make.

But gosh, some of the ingredients were so expensive. Like Ginger Marmalade (RM9.90) and Double Cream (RM10.99 for 300ml). I think I'll skip the double cream next time cos the pudding came out a little too rich (not that dessert lovers would complain). The ginger marmalade was really lovely though, with bits of ginger cubes in it.

Here's how it turned out.
I'd make it again. A lighter version perhaps.
And with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spot said...

I left a comment for you about the B&B pud at Sarah's site. Btw, she rarely replies to comments, so don't be discouraged!

We substitute a lot. Whipping crean for Double, crystalised ginger and marmalade for Ginger Marmalade. It still comes out alright, so can pakai lah. :)

Too bad i can't see your pictures. My office bans geocities.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Wandernut said...

hey spot :)

i read your comment at Sarah's blog (it's amazing and never fails to make me hungry!)

thanks for the tips. marmalde and crystalised ginger... dats genius!

and now i know you guys ain't kidding about the how sweet and rich her recipes are.

as for the pictures, sorry about that. i don't know how to host my pictures elsewhere cos i've been using geocities since i started blogging. there's flickr and halo but i never got round to figure them out.

i'm a bit of a retard that way :)
and yes, in nigella we trust!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

[sorry ah, so late only commenting] whatever you do, don't buy carrefour's homebrand marmalade, unless you like it REALLY BITTER! (guess who has?!)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home