Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My favourite potato chips!

Been wanting to post about this since I got back from Bangkok, but didn't get to try all them chips till a few weeks back.

These are available only in Thailand.
And oh my gawd, they're sooooo good!
Especially when eaten with Singha Light Beer...



I *heart* Lays Nori (Seaweed) Flavour. Seaweed flavour is available now in quite a few potato chip brands in Malaysia. But none of them come close to the perfection that this is. The balance of flavours, and I swear you can taste the sea in this one.

Coming a close second is Lays Thai Chilli Paste Flavour. With just a hint of fire on your tongue after you eat it, it's not too salty or too overpowering. You can still taste the crisp potato chip. I don't have the picture right now cos I think it's in JH's camera at the office.



Now this one above, is Lays Barbeque Spareribs. It's PORK spareribs of course. Non-kosher *wheeeeeeeee*. But I found the very artificial-tasting BBQ flavour a tad too much. The packaging looks almost good enough to eat. But this flavour didn't make me crave for a second pack after I finished the first. Unlike the nori.



There were other flavours. Thai Basil (crinkle cut) pictured above and Thai Seafood. These two weren't very memorable. And I only have a picture of the former. Of course, they also had the flavours we can find in Malaysia, but why bother? :D

So, if you're ever in Thailand, you must have the Lays Nori potato chips! Maybe the Thai Chilli Paste if you'd like a kick to go with your beer. And I'll know you're a wonderful friend if you'll bring back some for me should you ever go that way. Hee hee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason Lioh said...

Fai wah siu kwong, give me one packet.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Hahahaaha! Oi dor du mou ler!
Yat jou sik sai jor lor!

So sad, so sad... must go back to bangkok soon...

Kekekekeke :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger KY said...

oOOO lays & some salsa would be perfect!

11:17 AM  
Blogger RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang with watersports activities included this Christmas! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Thanks!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home